Friday, February 27, 2009
Garden...agian.
Well it's a good thing that Gaeb and I went out and did all that we wanted to in the yard yesterday...because today we wake up to snow. I know, I know. I have lived in Utah long enough to know about the warm before the storm....But I couldn't resist. I had to get all that I wanted done in the yard this weekend before I start work again. I know how difficult it is to keep up when you are working full time, and now I have a tiny beast too. That's right. After a full year I am officially going back to work full time. It is going to be different that is for sure. I really have enjoyed being at home with Gaeb and being able to run the house like a tight ship, but it is time. I know once I get back into it I will really like it. I have worked since I was fourteen and so I really think that it is just in me to get in there and do it. I am really excited and also a little intimidated. I think that is natural though, it is always really intimidating starting a new job, and to be honest this is the first "new" job where everything really was new in eight years. So I really don't know what to expect. But back to the yard. So yesterday Beast and I did all that we needed to get the yard ready for spring (yes. snow today, we already covered that.) We moved all the garden rocks that we needed to, prepped the veggie gardens (All we need now is warm enough weather and plants.) And put out all of our new pots for our potted garden. Gaeb ran all over the yard. He has learned quick that he needs to stay on the lawn or else he gets yelled at. We were outside for about three hours, and when we went in for lunch the little guy was so worn out that he fell asleep right in his plate. ( I should have taken a picture, but I felt so bad that I picked him right up and put him to bed.) I am really excited for the garden this year. (If you can't tell from this and my other posts.) If only we were able to fix up the ugly side yard....someday.....maybe.....we can always dream.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
Amy,
Just wanted to pop in and say hi! I was looking at Gaeb and he looks a lot like you. Going back to work? What will be your new job? Oh, that must be hard to do! I love to garden too! What do you normally plant in your veggie garden? I hope you have a wonderful day! -Suzanne
Post a Comment