I think that I may be sixty. Recently I was asked four of my hobbies. This was my answer.
1. wild bird watching
2. Gardening
3. Antique collecting
4. Hiking
The sad truth of the matter is that these are all true. I do love to watch the wild birds in my back yard. In-fact I have a chart of all native wild birds with marks on all of the ones that have visited our back yard. (I do have to say that an impressive majority of the birds have been marked off.) And nothing gives me a bigger rush than finding a really cool antique and getting a great deal on it. This weekend Todd, Geab and I went out antique finding and I found a Mr. and Mrs. ballroom chairs for an amazing deal. At first I only bought one, but later went back for the other. Now all we need is a nice Victorian couch and the front room will be a proper parlor. (See I told you that I thought I was sixty.) All day I have been walking by that room and admiring my chairs. We had to move the smaller couch out of the room and into the other because it now just did not look right at all. I think that I am going to go have some nice chamomile tea and read now......
Monday, February 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
I want to see pictures of these great chairs!! Can I have tea with you in your parlor when it is complete?
Post a Comment