The spring fever continues. We went to the zoo today, which is a usual family activity. It was so nice because we didn't need to bundle Gaeb up as much, and the elephants and the rinos were out. It has been a while since we have seen them because they keep them in from the cold. (I know....Utah weather isn't excatly Africa weather.) But I could feel the sunshine. We then got home and another sign of spring was in my back yard. Both of the feeders that I had filled this morning were empty. It is unusal that I need to fill the feeders twice in one day. So that means one of two things; we are about to get a really big storm, or the birds are ready to nest. I'm hoping that it is the later of the two. I saw about five robbins in the front yard today, and that gave me such large hope. We have had one of them nest in the front tree for the past two years. I am hoping that she chooses the same tree again this year so I can document it from day one. I would love that. We also had a flicker at the feeder again today, which is another sign of spring. I can tell by the flickers colors though that it won't be spring for a few more weeks because it was still pretty dull....BUT it WAS at my feeder. (O.K.....so maybee I really am searching for spring.) I just love it. I swear I saw a patch of really blue sky today....NOT the hazy blue....but spring blue. (There really is a big difference.)
Todd and I were talking about Logan again today, and I really think that if he had the right job he would move us back there in a heartbeat. I love Logan. But they don't get spring until at least late April, late May. (If you don't believe me, really ask someone who lives up there.) I just don't think that I will be able to hang with that. For college it was great.....but honestly? Not having my hands in the mud until May?! It makes me sad in my heart.
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
Hi Amy! I love your new music. Also, I added you to my blog list so I can keep tabs on you and sweet little Gaeb. Hope that's okay!!
Post a Comment