Friday, February 6, 2009

Spring

It's getting there, and I can feel it officially in my toes. I have spring fever. It happens every year to me. As soon as the snow begins to melt and we get any sort of hint of warmer weather I get into full blown spring mode. This happened yesterday to me. I got so excited I went out to the yard, prepped the gardens and put out my (new) large metal flower decorations. Yes. I am well aware that it will snow again. If not in the next three days, soon. But as much as I like winter, I LOVE spring. I just want to run outside and put my hands right into the mud. I want there to be life and color in my yard again. Not just grey. I cant wait to get out and run without my lungs being burnt by the bitter cold. I cant wait to feel the warmth of the sunshine on my lawn. I'm getting anxious just thinking about it. My mind is a swirl of what I am going to plant, and where. What colors I want to incorporate this year. What yummy veggies are going to sprout forth. Is this going to be the year of the berries? I hope so. I think that I am going to attempt the blue, black and raspberry bushes this year. Think of the jams! Thank goodness I have my grandpa John for advice. He can grow anything. Speaking of which...I should do grapes too. So I can make my favorite jelly just like my mom used to. It is still one of my favorite memory smells. Coming home to have grape jam in the pressure cooker. I'm not so sure how Todd is going to feel about the year of the berries.... I think that it will be a good thing. Who can resist fresh berries? The strawberries did well last year, so why not add more? I have the chills I am so excited. I think we are going to attempt corn this year as well. Even though I am a little intimidated by corn. Don't ask me why. I guess it is because it is such a large, tall veggie. But I think I will be brave and try it out. I can't wait. Blogging about this was a mistake. I now want spring even more. Spring....Where are you?

No comments: