Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentines Day

Yesterday Nanna brought Gaeb over a Valentines day surprise. It was a little tin with packs of m&m's, a five dollar bill, and two heart ballons. At first he was only interseted in showing Nanna around the house, and the M&M's....but after a few minutes he remembered what fun balloons could be. He had one in each hand and he ran his guts out all over the house. He even wanted to take them to bed with him, but that is where his mean mom drew the line. So first thing he did this morning as his diaper was being changed? You guessed it! Ran to find those darn balloons!
Kate and I had a sister craft night on Wed. It was alot of fun. We made LOVE blocks, which was perfect for me because I got to use power tools and spray paint, and perfect for Kate because she got to use her cricket. It was really a fun day. I drove up to her school and got to see her classroom. It was so cute! You can tell that her kids really enjoy her. It really is funny to see your little sisters name on a plaqe on a classroom door. Just what she always wanted to do. It makes me smile. We then went to go pick up her boys at day care, stopped by to visit Pappa,to McDonalds drive-through, and then to Kates house. As we were munching on our nuggets it came out that Kates oldest son, John had taken some of his toys to school that day and had lost them. Now let me preface the next part of this story. There are times that we are at my dad's house and he gives my little brother, Nick, "the look" Still to this day, at twenty-nine, I see that look, and straighten up. This is absoultly true. Now here I am at the table of my little sister, and she starts to lecture her son. I close my eyes, and I swear to you I am that five year old, and I can hear my mom. Kates tone, her words, her actions, everything was my mom. I opened my eyes, and laughed to myself.

2 comments:

Jessica Hansen said...

K so i found your page its way cute i love it and im a blogging retard i have no idea how to add you as my friend i have to get my sis to do it for me lol yeah told you im lost on how it all works so i hope you found ours its out dated a little i will work on it more next week when im off work... hope you guys are all doing well jess

Jessica Hansen said...

Hope you found our page... jasonjessicachristinhansen.blogspot.com